[Terrapreta] two recent articles on TP

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 20:52:53 CST 2008

> I don't have any references for it, but I seem to recall that a few
> years ago, there was a study undertaken to show that "air over land" had
> higher GHG content than "air over ocean." The study gave the surprising
> result that the "air over water" had HIGHER GHG content. One credible
> explanation is that the ocean is warming and that it is losing its
> capability to dissolve such gases.explanation. Is it possible that the
> explanation of Tim's observation is as simple as average wind direction?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Kevin
Interesting, and strange observation.
Would they have been including water vapour (humidity) the single most
important greenhouse gas?
You need a breakdown of all the gasses measured.
To my knowledge H2O gas has been increasing of late but no-one has
historical figures for its past levels.
Given the huge increase in dam construction in the last 60-100 years
land evaporartion would have been significant.
Tthough you would still expect this to be higher over water?
Odd.
 michael