[Terrapreta] methane, cowfarts and charcoal in the feedlot

geoff moxham teraniageoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 01:05:08 CST 2008

Hi Sean, list-folks,
all this talk of methane and feedlots reminded me of the idea I had a
few weeks ago. I was web-searching charcoal and found the medical uses
for charcoal: in the emergency ward for snake bite, VOC ingestion and
poisons that can't use emetics. There was the well known addition that
the healthfood industry promotes it for REDUCING FLATULANCE and
cleansing.
Could it be that we could inspire some research into feelot food
having ? 5%? char powder...maybe it could the soft char from the
stovers from their corn?
Then it would inoculated in their gut and sequestered in every cow pat
recycled as fertiliser/compost. Even better if it could go in feedbins
for free-ranging cattle and they could then distibute it in the
pasture. Sort of above-ground worms for the  "magical renewing '
aspect of terrapreta.  Maybe the cattle would even get better.
regards
Geoff TDH
(the defiant hippie)