[Terrapreta] the scope of the problem

geoff moxham teraniageoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 22:07:19 CST 2008

Hi Sean,
ever since I heard your 1 ton initiative I liked it. In fact I just
wrote about it (you were acknowledged) in my latest article in the
local organic farmers rag, ... "Charcoal at the bottom of your garden,
anyone?".

I still try to figure out how I could possibly do it for my 2 kids as
well. 12 tonne of dry wood is quite pile ... but only 3 x our normal
yearly consumption, being off-greed-electrickery. It's definitely
do-able, especially with stationary setups like Rob Windt's. I'd need
a new chainsaw...

What I've been looking at is all the other green waste and paper and
card waste that is lost to CO2 in some way. I think there's a big
opening there.
And of course pulpmills. Just set up for it- BEST is starting there.
. Swords into plough shares in the battle to help Gaia?
Geoff TDH

 Everyone (all 6 billion of us) needs to sequester 1 ton of charcoal
away every year for the rest of our lives.  The 1 ton initiative!