[Terrapreta] Biochar Sequestration Calculations

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 22:11:39 CST 2008

> methods required to measure the amount of biochar sequestration on a given
> piece of land.  Specifically: has anyone developed software tools to model
> biochar carbon sequestration; and what are the calculations used to derive
> carbon sequestration via biochar.
>  It is not very simple due to the effects of bio-char on the soil.

Char is one of at leat three ingredients in TP
1 Char
2. SOM
3.Microrganisms

With maybe af ew others like water terracotta, soil texture and particular
'wee beasties' etc"

There has been a very recent discussion here on the mathematics of it all
and you should find those posts in the archives.

You might like to talk to the people who are better at sums than me.
http://forums.hypography.com/terra-preta.html
http://forums.hypography.com/terra-preta/14351-mathamatics-terra-preta-sums.html

I am sure I speak for everyone when I say we would love to see the progress
of your work in this very important area and would be happy to help in any
way we can

Michael the Archangel

"You can fix all the world's problems in a garden. . . .
Most people don't know that"
FROM
http://www.blog.thesietch.org/wp-content/permaculture.swf