[Terrapreta] What is so bad about global warming?

Dan Culbertson danculb at netcommander.com
Mon Mar 10 10:18:11 CDT 2008

...from a planetary perspective I mean.  Didn't all that carbon used to be in the atmosphere long ago?  So, other than making us humans extinct (probably a very good thing for the planet) wouldn't releasing all stored carbon back to the atmosphere just return the environment to the way things used to be long long ago?  Can someone explain why we are supposedly making the planet uninhabitable for all species if all we are apparently doing is making it alternately habitable for the types of species that used to exist pre-carbon sequestration in fossil fuels?  Is there something else that needs to be sequestered other than carbon that wasn't around long ago making planetary catastrophe imminent?  Or is all our concern centered around us humans not liking a planet no longer habitable by us?  Not that I personally want to become extinct don't-ya-know.  I am just curious about it.  Will roachasaures take over after it is too hot for us?  Or will Earth just be a hot sterile rock?

Thanks,

Dan