[Terrapreta] What is so bad about global warming?

Richard Haard richrd at nas.com
Mon Mar 10 11:50:20 CDT 2008

Hello Dan

Assuming you are not just throwing out another straw man, here are
some links for good reading on this climate change issue. If you
looked at the files sent by Folke Gunther you will see why charcoal in
soil is a key element in reducing global atmospheric cloud. We have no
other reason to be here at this site. Can you explain to me any other
reasons to be here discussing terra preta?

http://climateprogress.org/

This is a blog that is well written, sometimes humorous and notice on
the lower right side of the page additional links.

One of those links is real climate

http://www.realclimate.org/

This is written by mainstream climate scientists and is a very good
set of information to get past the spin that is constantly put out by
the deniers.

Following is a  collection of articles in Grist mill on how to talk to
a climate skeptic.

http://gristmill.grist.org/skeptics

You may find answers to your questions in the section titled

Climate change is natural
It happened before
It was warmer during the Holocene Climatic Optimum
The medieval warm period was just as warm as today
Greenland used to be green
Global warming is nothing new!
The hockey stick is broken
Vineland was full of grapes
It's part of a natural change
Current global warming is just part of a natural cycle
Mars and Pluto are warming too
CO2 in the air comes mostly from volcanoes
The null hypothesis says global warming is natural
Climate is always changing
Natural emissions dwarf human emissions
The CO2 rise is natural
We are just recovering from the LIA