[Terrapreta] SIMPLE CHARCOAL PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGIES

Gerald Van Koeverden vnkvrdn at yahoo.ca
Sat Mar 22 11:43:10 CDT 2008

Rich,

if you like the New Hampshire Kiln, also check out Radke's
modification of it using agricultural materials.  I prefer the old
design with the smooth sides, but if you have a small grain bin lying
around, it would be cheapest.  It also includes "house catalytic
converters for reducing air pollution during
charcoaling. Six-inch diameter disc-shaped catalytic converters are
available from many
heating supply dealers or woodstove retailers and can be easily
mounted in the 6”
diameter flue pipe. The catalysts are quite simple to use, and reduce
air pollution from
charcoal making considerably."

Go to his web page:   http://charcoal.fw.vt.edu/charcoal   and hit
"how to make a charcoal kiln."