[Terrapreta] Net Present Value and Net Future Value ofTPBenefits

Jon C. Frank jon.frank at aglabs.com
Wed Mar 26 13:13:19 CDT 2008

  Hi Edward,

  I do not disagree with what you have written but I have one further
comment:  Is it really that big of a deal?  I question that it is for three
reasons.

  1st--the same goverments that allow toxic herbicides, pesticides, and
GMO's are the same goverments talking about how bad these heavy metals.  Can
you really trust them?  I don't.

  2nd--I have used a rock powder called soft rock phosphate with known
levels of cadmium.  It really works to help soil get available phosphate
much quicker than hard rock.  When this product is spread on wilderness
areas and a web cam is installed the deer cleary favor the area with soft
rock phosphate applied.  When land has both regular and GMO corn stalk
residues the deer won't touch the GMO stalks.  Now which one does the deer,
with much greater instinct, say is better; Soft Rock Phosphate with some
level of cadmium, or GMO corn stalks?
  3 rd--The main antidotes to high levels of heavy metals is good levels of
available calcium  and silicon in soil.  When these two are in good supply
plants don't pick up heavy metals like they would when these minerals are
undersupplied.  In other words we have to use limestone and rock powders
fairly regularly.

  Jon C. Frank
  www.aglabs.com

  PLS NOTE: rock phosphate may contain Cadmium, Uranium and Thorium
contamination in different levels (depending on origin), which heavy metals
have tendency for take up by plant and food crop production lines.

  Sincerely yours: Edward Someus (environmental engineer)