[Terrapreta] Char made made under pressurized conditions?

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Fri Mar 28 18:34:27 CDT 2008

Dear Greg and All,

Some of the better charcoal made for the portable gas producer allowed the
charcoal to cool in the carbonizing apparatus itself. The charcoal would
absorb some of it’s own off gasses thus resulting in a higher carbon
content charcoal. Although I doubt that these retorts were under pressure
I bet pressure would be an aid.

Greg, do you think if we injected nitrogen in the retort during the
cooling period that the charcoal would absorb the nitrogen for better soil
amendment?

Kindest regards,

Jeff

--
Jeff Davis

Some where 20 miles south of Lake Erie, USA