[Terrapreta] Char made made under pressurized conditions?

Jeff Davis jeff0124 at velocity.net
Fri Mar 28 22:38:30 CDT 2008

Hi Greg,

I just happen to have that book with me. They explain the four stages of
charcoal production, the third being the "exothermic period" and that is
about 400 C. The fourth stage called the "cooling period" comes next but
they do not state any temperture range. Maybe the cooling period is 400 C
to safe handling temperature. I honestly do not know.

I was just wondering if there could be somekind of opportunity for us at
this stage of charcoal production. Maybe nothing to do with
nitrogen/ammonia etc but something else.

Kindest regards,

Jeff

--
Jeff Davis

Some where 20 miles south of Lake Erie, USA