[Terrapreta] Char made made under pressurized conditions?

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Sun Mar 30 14:42:25 CDT 2008

Jim,

“sequestering massive amounts of carbon” is the key. You seem to be saying that compositing doesn’t scale in a modern agricultural environment. Composting would seem to fit better at a small scale, as an urban high value soil amendment, or for a rural smallholder where the ingredients may be more available.

I agree that Eduard in that at least in our environment the TP product must be prepared so that there are clear and predictable agronomic and economic benefits. That’s why I think the urban homeowner would be a good target for TP products that may in another form be applied to agriculture. Ag buyers will not pay as much as the homeowner, landscaper or enthusiastic gardener.

I look at charcoal as a means of facilitating the growth of biomass. It becomes a stable part of the mix of OM rather than an attempt to replace or create OM.

Tom