[Terrapreta] Biochar as a soil amendment - A Review of theEnvironmental Implications

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Sun Mar 30 21:02:22 CDT 2008

Hi Tom,

This is a very cool paper.  It hits on some very critical points in the summary.  The urgency in moving the work forward on biochar is noted in Dominic's last sentence.  I think this is a well referenced paper, too.  It shows hard work researching and analyzing the critical parts of this issue.  I found it persuasive that we could address anthropogenic global climate change with biochar production and Terra Preta style charcoal-in-soil formations.  He also remarks on the potential for soil improvement.  It's a very good TP support paper, I'd say.