[Terrapreta] Composting with Char

Shengar at aol.com Shengar at aol.com
Sun Mar 30 21:50:17 CDT 2008

Hi All,

My guess is a "mellowing" time with finished compost and local soil  would be
more beneficial than actively composting with char as an  ingredient.

This mellowing time also provides a better opportunity to experiment  with
fungi inoculents , say for specific crops,  NPK analysis and  experiment with
time release or soluble fertilizer ,  re-mineralization, or other adjustments to
local conditions.

It just seems to me that composting temperatures would not be as  conducesive
 to establishing / seeding the wee-beastee  ecologies we are trying for in
our local derivations of TP  soils.

Cheers,
Erich

Erich J.  Knight