[Terrapreta] water gas?

Greg and April gregandapril at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 31 23:23:53 CDT 2008

>From everything I have read, they would alternate fanning the fires to get a
pile of coal incandescent, then inject steam.

A good book that gives some statistics on the various gasses from the
different types of plants ( and allot of information on various producer
plants them selves ) is Gas-Engines & Producer Plants.

According to the book a water gas plant ( of the Strache type ), produced a
gas with the following value:

Nitrogen and oxygen    5%
CO    40%
CO2    4%
Hydrocarbons ( HC's )    1%
H2    50%

Calorific value ( in calories )    2,400 ( I'm assuming it's for 1 cubic
meter )

OTOH, a wood gas plant ( of the Rich'e type ), might produce the following
value ( for comparison ).

Nitrogen and oxygen    1%
CO    29%
CO2    11%