[Terrapreta] Soil Food Web

Philip Small psmall2008 at landprofile.com
Thu May 1 08:36:01 CDT 2008

My impression<http://transectpoints.blogspot.com/2007/01/teaming-with-microbes-arrived-today.html>is
that Soil
Foodweb's Elaine Ingham remains "unswervingly skeptical" of biochar. Her
point of view, last I heard, was that biochar, beyond a devastatingly high
C:N ratio, does not contribute to the soil food web. In my opinion her
endorsement is critically important to the acceptance of biochar as a
beneficial soil amendment by the general public.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 11:19 PM, MFH <mfh01 at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>  For those who may not be aware, the Soil Foodweb is a very valid
> organisation dedicated to soil analysis and improvement. www.*soilfoodweb*
> .com <http://www.soilfoodweb.com/>
>

> The following is a brief report from the Australian branch, with mention of
> Carbon sequestration but they don't see to have focussed yet on the use of
> charcoal. I'd suggest that they could be useful allies.
>

> Max H

Land Profile, Inc. * PO Box 2175 * Spokane, WA 99210
509-844-2944 cell * 509-838-4996 fax * 509-838-9860 office
Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/philipsmall