[Terrapreta] Can Terra Preta Compete?

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Thu May 8 10:37:03 CDT 2008

I think Best Energies were hopeing for a $150-300 (AUD) a tonne for biomass
from waste.Placing the pyrolysis units near or at the source of waste
They were not sure they could get anything at the moment as there is no
market for char at present in Australia.
You might like to talk to Adriana Downie to get more up-to-date and accurate
information

What does coal sell for?
What does Victorian Brown coal sell for? (I'd like some for my garden; it's
the closest thing to peat around these days)
What is the equivalence in energy output from char Vrs. coal?
What emission problems are there with burning char?
Michael