[Terrapreta] Terrapreta Digest, Vol 16, Issue 25

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Sat May 10 16:53:12 CDT 2008

Hi Jim,

I said an axial flow pump earlier.  Actually the flow through these types of pumps is axial inflow and radial outflow.  It is a "Tesla Pump" and its flows are exactly the reverse of gas flows through a "Tesla Turbine".  This is a design used by several pump companies.  I've seen ones to move liquid entrained solids up to 2" in diameter.  Putting a 2" chunk of charcoal through an injection nozzle into the dirt would be another design matter altogether.  The hardness of the pump body can be made I'm sure resistant to abrasion from charcoal bits that could fit through a "slurry" nozzle, though, I would think.  Many nozzles makes for a larger diameter delivery pipe anyway, I would think.