[Terrapreta] Terrapreta Digest, Vol 16, Issue 25

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Sat May 10 17:14:15 CDT 2008

Dear Sean

The Tesla Turbines are simple to construct (flat circular plates), but
are very inefficient in comparison to conventional turbine designs. I
would suspect that if the same operating principles are employed with a
Tesla Pump, they would also be very inefficient.

They are commercially available for pumping extremely viscous liquids,
but my guess would be that they would not be very good for handling
fluids with viscosities in the range of water.

Would you have any pump performance data for Tesla Pumps?

Thanks.

Kevin