[Terrapreta] Energy Source

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Sun May 11 09:38:35 CDT 2008

Interesting link Kurt!

Your very good question is repeated below with a notation I added to
identify the source of energy you suggest.

"Heat biomass with carbonles heat (derived from nuclear energy) and you can
have charcoal plus the  driven off gases and tars, to use as fuel and
feedstock for all sorts of  processes that presently use oil. And yes, I
know it's spam, but what if-------"???

We all know that life needs energy and it is possible to harness nuclear
energy in many ways to support life. Maybe we should also be paying a bit
more attention to ensuring that energy is available in forms that can
directly support life. Many participants in this list are of the opinion
that organic matter is an essential complement to char to create terra preta
type soils. What if nuclear energy could substitute for the burning of
organic matter as fuel and make more available for the production of terra
preta .... ??

This theme is discussed on my website. I will provide a link to the relevant
pages but won't force it on you as spam. Most of the first half dozen
articles and papers on this page have some discussion of the terra preta
concept in the context of energy needs and one scopes the tremendous energy
potential of nuclear fission available from technology that has already been
developed.

http://www.computare.org/publications.htm

I present this in the spirit that "peculiar" people of all stripes should be
open to consider "peculiar" ideas. It seems you and I are.

Duane