[Terrapreta] Energy Source

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Sun May 11 13:05:17 CDT 2008

Hi Kurt, Duane,

Are we going to make Earth look like Mars (no more water) by using Hydrogen from water cracking as a "fuel", or are we going to use the better way?

Considering that burning hydrogen fuel results in water emissions (2H2 + O2 => H2O), this seems like a somewhat stupid conjecture.

Still, using nuclear energy isn't a bad idea.  Lots of people get their worries going over dealing with spent nuclear fuels.

Did the Soviets "steal" nuclear secrets from the USA?

Who is Bob Dratch?  It seems he does not realize how many tons of spent nuclear fuel would be required to extract enough "weapons grade plutonium" out of to make even one bomb.

Conventional reactors based on that really yucky substance, "uranium" make plutonium as a waste substance.

That probably isn't the most scientifically stated, but observant statement that I've ever read.

It will be very interesting if Bob Dratch really has a product (or licenses) available anytime soon.  This would be a great change to energy supplies if it does truly work out this simply.