[Terrapreta] Your input needed: "Soil health" at Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Sun May 11 15:18:05 CDT 2008

Michael,

I'm not sure about BIG OIL. I believe that they are really BIG ENERGY
companies that are involved in supplying the agricultural and transportation
empires. I don't think that they are too fussy about the feedstock as long
as they get  to process and deliver it. Actually the dominant modern
agriculture is a agro-chemical-petro constellation. I don't know the actual
facts but I speculate that the oil companies are investing heavily in less
expensive (or more subsidized) forms of fuels.

It's important to note that the subsidies (or tariffs) for US ethanol go to
both oil companies and corn farming. Today, the NY Times editorialized
against continued support for US corn ethanol:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/11/opinion/11sun1.html?hp

http://lougold.blogspot.com
http://flickr.com/visionshare/sets
http://youtube.com/my_videos