[Terrapreta] Your input needed: "Soil health" at Roundtable on Sustainable Biofuels

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Sun May 11 21:18:52 CDT 2008

 BIG ENERGY

OK
I just get the feeling that the hysterical anti-biofuels stuff is being
orchestrated, like the tobacco lobby.
Certainly there have been some early 'cock-ups' and subsiding corn ethanol
is a bit stupid.
(But the more everyone winges about Western- USA, EU, Japan, Korea,
Aust.-subsidies the more things stay the same).
Bio-fuels *have *to be a stop-gap measure for the planet, till we invent
something better.
Unfortuanely the 'bum rap' biofuels are getting in the States is rubbing off
on sugar-cane ethanol here.  Only one or two states have mandated 10%
ethanol and we do not have our own souce of fuel oil. It is all imported.
Biofuels have the *potential *to take our fuel supplies out of the hands of
a dozen companies/counties /people and making countless-thousand, little
businesses and happy farmers.
m [image: :twocents:]

--
Michael the Archangel
"Politicians will never solve The Problem;