[Terrapreta] Energy Source

MFH mfh01 at bigpond.net.au
Mon May 12 04:14:58 CDT 2008

Sean,

I'll send some more detail through later, but my further trial last weekend
indicates that with the capture and storage of excess gases there should be
no need for any external 'fuel' other than the use of captured gases from
previous batches. Also of interest given our previous correspondence about
temperatures, is that I had glass from a broken bottle in a plastic phase ON
TOP of the steel drum. Well, actually a little to the side, but I was able
to prod this with a steel rod and fold it around. Whether this is the right
sort of temp for char is not my main thrust here - I am still blown away
(not quite literally) by the capacity of 100Kg of dry wood to produce energy
outputs of staggering proportions.

Max H

  _____