[Terrapreta] horse manure

Jack Hickman jackhickman at bellsouth.net
Mon May 12 07:52:22 CDT 2008

  I own three horses and they can produce a lot of manure.
I put the manure pile at the south end of the garden.It grew to twenty foot square and four foot high.The manure pile was five years old and it was very dry when I set it on fire.The pile burned for months It did not blaze but smoldered.
  I have used the burned area for years without fertilizer.It grows great vegetables without it.Could this be a type of biochar?
  I enjoy the site very much.
 Jack