[Terrapreta] why we must relate to cap and trade

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Wed May 14 09:30:24 CDT 2008

Dear Lou

I think I see a great way for us to make an absolute fortune from the
Cap and Trade System.

1: We ask the EPA for a listing of all their environmental requirements
for them to approve a coal fired power plant..

2: We then write them another letter to the effect: "If we design a
power plant burning 1,000,000 tons of coal per year, and it fully meets
the requirements laid out in your previous correspondance, will you
approve Construction of such a plant?

3: When they say yes, then we write back "I hereby apply for approval to
build 5 such plants."

4: When we receive confirmation of the Approval, we then decide not to
build the plants, and we sell off the 5,000,000 TPY of credits for not
burning the coal.

5: Then we split the incoming cash 50-50.

We have to more quickly, to get the Approval before the Cap is set.
However, once it is set, then we are set!!

Think that would work?

5 million tonnes of unburned coal should get about 15 million tons of
CO2 Credits. At $40 per tonne, this is $600 million per year.

What will you do with your $300 million per year?

There might be a problem... those promoting the Cap and Trade System
might want to keep all the Approvals for themselves. They didn't do all
this good work so that Outsider people like us could easily cash in on
their efforts.

How do you think we should proceed?

Kevin ;-)