[Terrapreta] why we must relate to cap and trade

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Wed May 14 09:43:35 CDT 2008

            Morning Lou,

Canada has been talking the talk, in depth, on cap and trade for ten years
now. It's been going on so long now governments are just deleting their
analytic reports and discussion from public websites. I recall Europe has
been talking even longer.  Many folks are already advertising offset schemes
and attempting to collect bucks. All this is having essentially no effect on
greenhouse gas emissions. Talk is talk and not worth much, especially in an
election year. Implementation of a real effective scheme is not so easy.

Duane