[Terrapreta] why we must relate to cap and trade

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:28:20 CDT 2008

OK Duane,

1) I will share in your wish that the climate skeptics might be right (at
least for awhile) because it might mean less suffering in our difficult
world. However, it poses quite a dilemma in the longer term. DOTearth has a
good discussion here:

May 1, 2008,  9:52 am
Can Climate Campaigns Withstand a Cooling Test?
http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/01/can-climate-campaigns-withstand-a-cooling-test/

2) Your article (pdf link) is about the possibility of using biochar to
promote the Alberta oil industry. I do not doubt that your "phone is not
ringing off the hook."

3) You talk about someone achieving "consider influence" toward a carbon tax
and provide a link to his bio but no evidence of his significant influence.

4) You speculate that the opposition Liberal Party is toying with the idea
of a carbon tax but little more.

Somehow, these do not strike me as strong arguments.

hugs,

lou

--
http://lougold.blogspot.com