[Terrapreta] why we must relate to cap and trade

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Wed May 14 11:36:47 CDT 2008

Hi Lou,

I agree.  Cap-and-trade is more viable and politically possible during a recession, than would be a carbon tax.  It is hard to tell, though, whether which of "capping emissions and/or trading in emissions credits" or "paying a fossil carbon use tax" will more adversely effect economies.  I think "paying a fossil carbon use tax" will reduce consumtion sooner and be of greater benfit to the environment.