[Terrapreta] why we must relate to cap and trade

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Thu May 15 14:19:13 CDT 2008

Dear Sean

Sean K. Barry wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Thinking carefully about your reply here, "Terra Preta has more going
> for it than just another carbon sink, ...".   I now say Show Me!
> I have NO ARGUMENT there.  I know you are right in this statement.
> Unending discussion about how to make the "perfect" charcoal for Terra
> Preta soil formation, and how make it and use it only if in an
> entirely economical way from the get go, could well remain merely
> discussions well past the time that carbon sinks would do any good.
> Indecison and inaction are the enemies.
Jim, and some others (sadly, all too few) are "men of action" and they
already have their charcoal "in the ground." I have some of my required
charcoal made, but will be making some more, sufficient for my test plots.

Will you be putting in a charcoal test plot to help with data generation
for Christelle? If so, could you please describe your proposed test plan?

Best wishes,

Kevin