[Terrapreta] An Intense Week

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Sat May 17 06:33:10 CDT 2008

It's been an intense week of events that may determine the future
of the Amazon forest. Here are the recent VisionShare posts:

   - CAN DEVELOPMENT SAVE THE AMAZON? Roberto
Mangabe...<http://lougold.blogspot.com/2008/05/can-development-save-amazon-roberto.html>
   - MANAGING THE BRAZILIAN AMAZON Former Harvard
l...<http://lougold.blogspot.com/2008/05/managing-brazilian-amazon-harvard-law.html>
   - BRAZIL'S MINISTER OF ENVIRONMENT MARINA SILVA
RESI...<http://lougold.blogspot.com/2008/05/brazils-minister-of-environment-marina.html>

If this is all a bit unsettling, let me suggest Wade Davis' story of calming
his mind through Buddhist meditation:

   - LIGHT AT THE EDGE OF THE WORLD I know that
man...<http://lougold.blogspot.com/2008/05/light-at-edge-of-world-i-know-that-many.html>

And for some inspiration about what I and many others think might possibly
be the solution to our global environmental problems:

   - TERRA PRETA UPDATE [UPDATE: This just in
fro...<http://lougold.blogspot.com/2008/05/terra-preta-update-beyond-zero.html>

Touch the Earth and Blessed Be

and hugs too,

lou