[Terrapreta] pulverizing charcoal

folke Günther folkeg at gmail.com
Tue May 20 03:17:34 CDT 2008

* Why do you want to crush he char? I don't understand why it is necessary.
Unless the pieces are so large that they cause an unbalance in the
distribution of the  precious material, I just put them on/in the
ground/compost. The worms and the plant roots  will do the job. After a
year, all pieces are conveniently small.
FG*

2008/5/20 May Waddington <may.waddington at gmail.com>:

> Ideas you do have! I think the party idea is the most sustainable, though.
> Thank you!
>
> 2008/5/19 Roy Lent <rwlent at gmail.com>:
>
>> I have to try as I'm supposed to be an idea type person.  Get a good sized
>> piece of the heavy plasic sheeting used to line land fills and such. Decide
>> where to hold a pulverizing party. Lay out the sheeting on the floor and
>> cover it with the lumpy charcoal. Fold the rest of the sheeting on top and
>> clamp the edges, This will have the same sort of attraction as do the
>> plastic bubbles in that wrapping sheeting. Everyone loves to pop them!
>> Everyone one will love to search out and crunch the charcoal lumps. Hold
>> regular charcoal crunching parties or dances. The kids will love it!
>>
>> Roy
>>

> --
> Proteja o meu email como eu protejo o seu! Não facilite a captura de
> endereços para o envio de SPAMS. Utilize o Cco para replicar mensagens. Não
> divulgue mensagens sem limpar endereços anteriores e retire os "enc" e "fwd"
> dos campos de assunto. Assim evitamos riscos de contaminação! Grata.

NB :Send your mails to folkeg at gmail.com, not to holon.se
Folke Günther
Kollegievägen 19
224 73 Lund