[Terrapreta] pulverizing charcoal

David Yarrow dyarrow at nycap.rr.com
Wed May 21 20:59:29 CDT 2008

i'm not doing science here.  i'm just growing food in a kitchen garden on my
patio.

one further detail:
when i start spraying char to prep it for soil use, i will heat some up, and
then spray it to generate steam as in charcoal activation.  at the very
least, i expect this steam treatment will fracture the char and allow the
water, minerals and microbes to penetrate deeper into the char.

for a green & peaceful planet,
David Yarrow
44 Gilligan Rd, E Greenbush, NY 12061
www.championtrees.org