[Terrapreta] Join me in solving the climate crisis

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Thu May 22 17:11:17 CDT 2008

Dear Friend,

Global warming is an urgent, but solvable problem. That’s why I’ve joined the We Campaign, a powerful nonpartisan movement of concerned citizens that was founded by Nobel Prize Laureate and former Vice President Al Gore. We're already a million strong -- and growing each day.

Will you join, too? Visit this site to learn more and add your voice: http://www.wecansolveit.org/

The We Campaign is working to ensure that elected leaders make the climate crisis a priority. Visit: http://www.wecansolveit.org/. Here, you can learn about solutions to global warming, take action steps and even find events happening in your community. Although it’s not too late, global warming is very serious and there is no time to lose. So please don’t wait any longer to get involved – sign up today: http://www.wecansolveit.org/

Together, we can solve the climate crisis.

The Human Cause of Global Warming and Global Climate Change is very real.  There are 100,000 man-years of research (3500 global climate scientists researching for 30 years) that has developed this well supported (and mutually supported) theory.  The impacts are just beginning and will proceed with greater and greater intensity and rapidity as time goes on.

The greatest problems facing us will be the availablility of arable land, food supply, and water supply.  These problems impact everyone in all countries around the world.

We MUST STOP consuming Fossil Carbon and we MUST prevent further emissions of Fossil Carbon into our atmosphere (primarily as CO2).  Start thinking of Fossil Carbon based CO2 emissions as the greatest global poison there ever was. That is what it is.  If we are to provide a livable world for ourselves and our future generations then we cannot ignore this fact.

Do anything and everything you can to eliminate the use of Fossil Carbon and Fossil Carbon based CO2 emissions from your life.  Teach your children this and teach them also to teach their grandchildren to do the same thing.  Find another way (without Fossil Carbon) to get energy.  Use less Fossil Carbon based energy.  Do it today.  Do it for the rest of your life!

Our world depends upon clear understanding of this issue.