[Terrapreta] Hello, I am a major investor

Lloyd Helferty lhelferty at sympatico.ca
Sun May 25 17:23:11 CDT 2008

Lorenzo,

  This is a good exercise.  I have been working with a gentleman here in
Ontario and we have been attempting to come up with a solid business case
for Biochar, but so far have come up short -- perhaps because of the
somewhat simplistic model that has been used (based primarily on carbon
credits, for instance).  Additional economic value points are required to
clinch the case, but so far without definitive on-the-ground proof and
localized data about the magnitude of soil improvement (and thus crop yield
improvement) that can be achieved in any given locality, the ROI of any such
small- or mid-scale endeavour using sophisticated low or zero emission
equipment has been simply too long in duration for most investors to
consider unless there is a sizable measure of goodwill on the part of the
investor. (i.e. "a major investor, willing to 'green up' their act")

    Lloyd Helferty
    Thornhill, ON, Canada

  _____