[Terrapreta] DOes charcoal absorb Glyphosphate?

AJH list at sylva.icuklive.co.uk
Tue May 27 09:11:05 CDT 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008 23:51:55 +1000, Kurt Treutlein wrote:

>Apparently the Roundup interacts with clay platelets in some way
>and stops working. Monsanto claims that it won't accumulate in the soil,

I think Monsanto were sued over this, they claimed the molecule
biodegraded, when in fact it became deactivated but locked to soil
particles. I think soils lock phosphorus compounds well. Free
molecules that don't get locked (does this mean adsorbed??) can be
degraded by soil micro organisms. With many of these formulations it's
what's mixed with them that's as much an issue as the basic herbicide,
not to mention the industrial process that manufactures them.

AJH