[Terrapreta] OFF TOPIC - Insanity

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Thu May 29 10:57:45 CDT 2008

I don't think global warming is "off topic".

The* iron seeding proposal I think needs more research. it is very
promising.

Of course we are killing a lot of phytoplankton with chlorinated
hydrocarbons and perhaps plastic as well
*

US firm Climos plans to seed the ocean with iron particles. This will
encourage the development of phytoplankton

ma

2008/5/29 lou gold <lou.gold at gmail.com>:

> One of the things that really struck me in reading through this was the
> incredible reductionist bias whereby folks seize onto the manipulation of a
> single variable and hope that everything else  will fall into place in a
> benign way. I think that we will have to be on-guard for this with biochar
> as well. For some minds (and for some businesses) choosing between sulfur in
> the sky and carbon in the soil will be reduced to a choice of chemical
> levers and ways to make money. This is why the IPCC definitions as to what
> qualifies for carbon credits will constitute the fundamental platform for
> future choices.
>

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:41 AM, MFH <mfh01 at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
>>  Any chance we can get the funding to send these dickwits to Mars?
>>

>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/may/29/greentech.geoengineering

> --
> http://lougold.blogspot.com
> http://flickr.com/visionshare/sets
> http://youtube.com/my_videos

Michael the Archangel
"Politicians will never solve The Problem;
because they don't realise they are The Problem.".
-Robert ( Bob ) Parsons 1995