[Terrapreta] Greetings

Juergen Botz jurgen at botz.org
Fri Apr 20 10:34:19 CDT 2007

Dear Dr. Karve,

I find your methods interesting, and will certainly experiment with
them.  I am also eager to learn more specifics about how and where
this approach is being used... can you point me to further reading?

adkarve wrote:
> Do not apply compost to the soil.  [...]  We found in
> our experiments that non-composted green leaves, applied at the
> rate of 125 kg per ha, once every 2 to 3 months, gives as high
> yield from crops as application of recommended doses of chemical
> fertilizers.

Definitely something for me to experiment with, but I should add
that I'm making compost not only to replace fertilizer, but also
to produce humus for improved soil structure.  Perhaps charcoal
will reveal itself to be sufficient in improving soil structure,
but I'm trying to turn hardpan into something I can in the future
plant without tillage.

:j