[Terrapreta] Farm Produced Biochar

ch braun brauncch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 14:46:54 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Sorry for my poor knowledge in chemical processes, but with hydrothermal
carbonization, I don't understand how you eventually obtain biochar from the
"carbon+water" soup. Just vaporize the water, or what ??

Otherwise it sounds just magical to me, since I read so many times that a
key disadvantage of pyrolysis is to start carbonization only after the
feedstock has dryed... So I can't understand why there has not been more
research/interest  for the hydrothermal approach ?!

Sincerely yours,
Christelle