[Terrapreta] "Living" Biochar

Kevin Chisholm kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Aug 31 08:58:43 EDT 2007

Dear Sean

A characteristic of a "living system" is that it can reproduce itself.

I cannot see how biochar can reproduce itself, and I thus feel that
biochar is not a living system, any more than a house is a living system
because it is a nice place for people to live.

Perhaps I am missing something. Why do you feel biochar is living, or alive?

Kevin