[Terrapreta] "Living" Biochar

lou gold lou.gold at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 09:09:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm jumping in here because it looks like a semantic problem to me. No, the
ingredient called "biochar" is not a living system and it does not reproduce
itself. Yes, Brazilian terra preta soils or Amazonian Dark Earths appear to
be living communities -- networks of organic and inorganic ingredients --
that are capable of reproduction or at least continued growth.

lou