[Terrapreta] CEC

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Tue Dec 11 09:43:15 CST 2007

Hi Wayne,

Oh, oops you are right, Sodium (Na+) cation bonds with a single Chlorine (Cl-) anion to make NaCl, salt!  I think I carried over the two pluses from the Calcium (Ca++) label.  Yes, 10 milli-mole (10 x 0.001) equals one centi-mole (0.01).  I was getting sloppy with my memory on this stuff.

Your ideas about charring forest arisings is just great!  I agree that it could be a tremendous boon for carbon sequestration, soil enhancement, and fire safety.