[Terrapreta] char vs. diatomaceous earth

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Fri Dec 14 20:49:36 CST 2007

Hi Gerrit,

I read something about this in a paper talking about CEC; including diatomaceous earth in soil is known to increase the CEC.  It does have microorganisms leaving in its porous structure.  This does make some sense.  Perhaps Labatt's might explain to you why they use diatomaceous earth for their filtering operations.