[Terrapreta] Charcoal in Compost? 4USA?

Ron Larson rongretlarson at comcast.net
Mon Jul 9 12:23:42 EDT 2007

Lynn:

    This is a great idea - and I do not believe it has come up at all on this list.  My udnerstanding is that there are major community-based hurdles for incineration at recycle centers.  We should be able to do pyrolysis cleanly, but I am not aware of any commercial units that are specifically designed for this.  I hope that those representing commercial companies will comment on whether they see this as a good early market for char production.

Ron