[Terrapreta] Fwd: Soil improvement from oil ?

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Fri Jun 1 16:29:21 CDT 2007

Hi Michael,

Yes, certainly.  You could post it there and tell any of them to send any comments they might have my direction (sean.barry at juno.com<mailto:sean.barry at juno.com>).

Yeah, there is a Dynamotive project in Iowa (or being planned), where they will make bio-oil from corn stover and they will be trying to determine if the bio-oil can be used as a soil enhancing, soil amendment.  I'm thinking it might need to be a very light application, because, for comparison, there is only a small percentage of bio-oil, volatile mater, etc in charcoal.  It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

That article that talked about this was in Grist, maybe?