[Terrapreta] Feedstock for TP Charcoal

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Sun Jun 3 02:44:30 CDT 2007

Hi Kurt,

I've heard of coppicing before and I also think it could work as a source for charcoal and doing "Neo Terra Preta" land reforming.

That's a neat idea too, which I've not heard before, to put algae ponds out in the sun on land with is not arable for other crops.

SKB
  ---- but---- there is another way.
  Coppicing. Cut the tree off a foot or so above the ground, when its 8 or
  so inches thick. Use the wood, the stump will reshoot and some years
  later you will be able to repeat the process and keep on doing so, over
  the years.

  ----
  There are plenty of sunny non-arable areas around, deserts
  and such. The ponds could be built there.

  Something to think about.

  Kurt