[Terrapreta] Durability of charcoal as carbon sink?

Duane Pendergast still.thinking at computare.org
Sun Jun 3 09:14:57 CDT 2007

          Thanks very much for this Edward,

You've indicated that charcoal lasts at least two hundred years in the soil
and I think you could cite solid evidence to support your opinion. As I
pointed out in the originating message two hundred years is as good as
forever in our economic systems. Sequestration by charcoal thus greatly
simplifies the design of an accounting system as there is no need for
complex formulae to account for sink degradation.

Duane