[Terrapreta] Fwd: Fwd: Global Carbon Cycle

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Wed Jun 6 11:33:11 CDT 2007

Hi Duane,

Canada is an industrialized and developed country, an Annex I country.  As far as I know, Annex I countries cannot sell "carbon credits" under the "Carbon Trading Scheme" provided under the Kyoto Protocol Treaty.

Look here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Framework_Convention_on_Climate_Change<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Framework_Convention_on_Climate_Change> to understand how the "Carbon Trading Scheme" is designed to work.  Canada, like any other Annex I country, can only buy "carbon credits".