[Terrapreta] Charcoal properties II

PurNrg at aol.com PurNrg at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 18:36:29 CST 2007

In a message dated 3/7/07 1:39:43 PM, Shengar at aol.com writes:

> Hi all,
>  Just got this email from Thomas Beer;
>

>  "Truckload quantities of consistent quality wood char (before it is turned
> into briquettes) is available for purchase from Kingsford. Volatiles, ash,
> fixed carbon, moisture, ignition temperature all known. Let me know what you
> need and I'll get your name to the right people in our organization.

Erich,

That's great news. It would be helpful to know for sure that it suits our
horticultural needs-temperature of cook, etc.   How big are the pieces? Is it
there just loose to be loaded on a truck or can it be bagged and shipped? For use
in urban gardens it would really have to be bagged. And of course, eventually
inquiring minds would like to know how much a bag will cost, there at the
factory. Shipping would have to be arranged, obviously.

Peter :-)>

Peter J. Schenk, Jr.
Green Door Gardening Service
42 Mount Vernon Avenue