[Terrapreta] The Value of Terra Preta. Was: Re: Selling Rice Hull char/finding charcoal in Australia

Michael Bailes michaelangelica at gmail.com
Mon May 21 12:51:44 CDT 2007

On 21/05/07, Kevin Chisholm <kchisholm at ca.inter.net> wrote:

> "Inexpensive" is relative. :-) What can one "sensibly" pay for charcoal
> for Terra Preta purposes?

. . .snip

A number of $200 per ton has been suggested as
> a cost for charcoal, but if one used $200 charcoal, could one make
> money, or get sufficient benefit from it to justify its cost?

I'm a recreational gardener.(now)
I pay lots for magic.
(Cargo he Come)
Sorry, good question
Mostly it is $1,-$2,000 a tonne or more here
The $200 figure was when, and if, the pyrolysis people get their act
together. Maybe as low as AUD $150
Then, if the government throws in carbon credits, we can have it for free!!
Yea!!! (Imagine smilie with balloon)
BBQ anyone?

Every time I go past a home having a clean out with lots of wood waste I am
sorely tempted.
What are the fines for starting fires in Oz suburbia?