[Terrapreta] Global Warming Is Not Settled Science

Sean K. Barry sean.barry at juno.com
Fri Nov 9 18:00:36 EST 2007

Hi Kevin,

You're not looking.

  From: Kevin Chisholm<mailto:kchisholm at ca.inter.net>
  To: David Yarrow<mailto:dyarrow at nycap.rr.com>
  Cc: terrapreta at bioenergylists.org<mailto:terrapreta at bioenergylists.org>
  Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 3:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [Terrapreta] Global Warming Is Not Settled Science

  Dear David

  David Yarrow wrote:
  > noticed the melting ice at the noth and south poles in the last two decades?
  > noticed the worldwide recession of glaciers?
  I certainly have noticed the melting ice caps, the changes in seasons,
  the changing weather patterns, the shrinking glaciers, the increased
  frequency of Category 5 storms, changes in the northerly habitat limits
  of plants, birds and insects, etc.

  These palpable occurrences demonstrate vividly to me that we are in a
  period of Climate Change.
  >  of course, all the data in the
  > world won't convince someone who has already set their mind against the
  > facts.

  That is true. The existence of Climate Change was never an issue with
  me. My issue is whether or not Climate Change is caused by Man, or if it
  is driven by natural factors. I have not seen the logic or the evidence
  which connects Climate Change with Man's activity. All I have seen is
  the faulty logic that goes something like this:
  1: Man burns large quantities of fossil fuel which produces large
  quantities of CO2.
  2: CO2 levels in the atmosphere are increasing, and CO2 is a GHG
  3: Therefore, Man is causing Global Warming and if Man reduces his
  consumption of fossil fuel adequately, then Global Warming can be
  brought under control.

  At this point in time, I am sceptical about whether it is Man or Nature
  that is causing Global Warming. I simply don't know. I have not seen
  credible and palpable evidence or fact. What I have seen are points
  which support each side of the issue.

  Can we terminate the discussion on Global Warming Cause, and get back on
  topic? It is here. Live with it.

  This is the Terra Preta List. Lets all work toward advancing Terra
  Preta. Merely because a cow doesn't understand the workings of her 4th
  stomach is no reason why she shouldn't eat grass.

  Best wishes,

  Kevin